$64.95 Service Call
Same Day Service
Accepting the following payment methods:
Quality Rochester NY Disposal Repair Services
Your garbage disposal plays an important role and is an appliance you likely use on a daily basis. When something goes wrong, it can become quite the inconvenience because you hadn't realized just how useful your disposal was. Luckily, our Rochester disposal repair technicians can get your disposal back in working order.
We do like to point out that caring for your disposal is a great way to avoid any problems. Sometimes issues do occur and when they do you can count on Top Notch Appliance Repair to come to your rescue. Regular servicing for your garbage disposal can also be helpful in warding off any potential damage or issues.
Disposal Care & Maintenance Tips
1) Foul Odors - If your garbage disposal is emitting some foul odors you have a few options. You can cut up some lemons and place them in the disposal. Then run warm water as the lemons grind away, offering a fresh lemony scent as a result.
2) Clogging - Do not pour hot water in your disposal if you're having a clog issue. Instead, fill your disposal with ice cubes and a cup of rock salt then run the disposal for a few seconds.
3) Repairs - If you ever try to inspect your garbage disposal to figure out a problem always make sure to turn it off first. You don't want to risk a sudden malfunction that causes insant and significant injury.
4) Regular Use - It's important that you run your disposal regularly, even if you aren't using it a lot. It's important that the parts can move around and if they aren't used daily they can rus, corrode, or freeze up. Not to mention any food left inside that can cause odors or clog the unit.
5) Keep Grinding - Don't stop grinding as soon as you notice the grinding has finished. Keep running the disposal and water for another minute to completely flush out any particles or debris left behind.
6) DON'T - There are many don'ts when it comes to using a garbage disposal. Don't ever use your fingers to pull anything out; use tongs, pliers, etc. Don't use commercial cleaner or bleach in your disposal. Don't put any oil or grease in your disposal as this can cause clogs. Don't put potato peels in your unit because the starch can cling to the sides. Don't put pits, seeds or big bones in your disposal. Don't grind expandable foods; rice, pasta, etc.
Expert Disposal Repair Service in Rochester NY
A garbage disposal is a common household appliance but needs to be maintained on a regular basis or you won't find it very efficient to use. If you need yours serviced or you are experiencing an issue, just pick up the phone and call our Rochester appliance repair technicians. We can diagnose any existing problems, but we can also make you aware of any potential problems that need to be addressed immediately.
Local & Reliable NY Appliance Repair Services
If you notice your garbage disposal having any of the following problems then it's a sure sign that service or attention is needed:
Jammed Disposal - When your disposal gets jammed it's important to remember to never put your fingers in the unit. Even if the disposal is off it's a risk you shouldn't take. We have the correct tools necessary to safely and effectively unclog a jammed garbage disposal. Just call our expert disposal repair technicians at Top Notch Appliance Repair.
Absence of Power - Many times when a disposal is not getting enough, or any power, it's because the unit is overheating or it's simply worn out (old-age). Certain garbage disposals feature a reset button but we encourage you to phone our appliance repair specialists to correctly diagnose the issue. Yes, the reset button is there and often makes the unit work again, but determining the cause for the button to pop out in the first place should be a concern as well. If there is no reset button on your unit it's likely worn out or it's a fuse box issue and not disposal related. Regardless, you can count on our Rochester appliance repair technicians to correctly diagnose and fix the problem.
Leaking Disposal - A leak on any appliance is something that cannot be ignored. Leaking in regards to a garbage disposal is typically caused by a part that needs to be tightened, resealed or completely replaced. If the leak is serious enough or has been present for an extended length of time, the unit might also need to be replaced. If you've discovered a leak it's time to call us for superior appliance service in Rochester NY.
Noisy Garbage Disposal - If your disposal has gotten louder or is making an odd noise it's time to let our technicians come out and service it. The cause could be a jam in the unit or a motor that is going bad. Your faulty disposal can be fixed quickly when you call on our reliable Rochester appliance repair specialists.
Phone Top Notch Appliance Repair Today
We're dedicating to offering quality appliance repair and services for all of Rochester NY and the surrounding areas. If you're experiencing a problem with your garbage disposal or another appliance, just give us a call or use our online form to have one of our experts contact you. We're always here to help and answer any questions you may have.